Dab Hand Puzzles & Pastimes have adapted their procedures to operate safely in the current coronavirus (COVID-19) environment. Thorough and frequent handwashing/hand-sanitising, safe purchase/delivery methods and careful management of stock are central to how we operate.
We believe jigsaws have an important role to play in combatting the mental health challenges of isolation. Our Handy Jigsaws free loan service was launched in full consultation with the Patient Participation Group of Kelsall Medical Centre. Handy Jigsaws is a long-term initiative for the benefit of the local community and the Kelsall Wellbeing Hub. Specific additional procedures apply to this loan service and to our used stock – see below.
Note (October 2021): We are currently reviewing our policy in the light of new guidance – check back soon for an update or contact us for more information.
Precautions for our attendance at country markets or other events
- We have a stall at village markets and other events from time to time, including the Tattenhall Village Market at the Barbour Institute, Tattenhall, CH3 9PX. Our outlets are COVID-Secure environments with a risk assessment in place.
- We adhere to all the requirements of the venue and the organisers, including stall placement, social distancing measures, any one-way systems, use of face coverings and hand sanitisers.
- A card reader is available for cashless purchases.
Precautions for deliveries of customer orders
- We contact customers to arrange safe drop off with social distancing in place. Outside our local delivery area, items will be posted.
- Customers should discard or set aside outer packaging (e.g. plastic delivery bag) and proceed as with other goods brought into their home, i.e. wiping down of surfaces and thorough handwashing. Alternatively, goods can be isolated for a period. The World Health Organisation says studies have shown that COVID-19 can survive for up to 72 hours on plastic and less than 24 hours on cardboard – read more.
- All payments are made remotely in advance.
Precautions for incoming deliveries
- Our incoming stock deliveries and any returns are by prior arrangement and with social distancing in place.
- All payments are made remotely.
- Incoming stock is isolated from existing stock for a minimum of 72 hours.
- Thorough hand washing after handling deliveries.
Precautions for Handy Jigsaws loan service and other used/exchanged stock
- Deliveries and returns are by prior arrangement and with social distancing in place.
- Users of our service should discard or set aside outer packaging (e.g. plastic delivery bag) and proceed in line with other goods brought into their home, i.e. wiping down of surfaces and thorough handwashing. Alternatively, goods can be isolated for a period. The World Health Organisation says studies have shown that COVID-19 can survive for up to 72 hours on plastic and less than 24 hours on cardboard – read more.
- We check before collecting items if there is any known illness or exposure to COVID-19 in the household. If yes, we will extend loan periods and delay collection until well after the safe quarantine period.
- Returned items are isolated before they are checked by us and set aside again before they are made available.
- To err on the side of safety, there is currently a fourteen-day period between the loan of any individual used item.
This policy was last updated on 12 September 2020 and may be revised from time to time.